- Placement Process
In the present scenario the maximum demand for placement of students arise from IT companies like TCS,
Infosys, Wipro, L&T Infotech, Accenture, Cognizant, HCL etc. who normally require large number of candidates
for effective selection. At the same time the companies want to save time and cost of campus selection work.
To meet this requirement a placement consortium of 12 colleges of Mangalore Region has been formed. With the
team effort, the placement process has been successful during the past few years and the process is on-going.
To get a company to the campus for placements, the team establishes contact and finds out the requirement
of manpower and infrastructure facilities for conducting campus selection. Sometimes, a few reputed IT companies
like Infosys, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra have asked for details in the prescribed formats from the colleges in
the consortium. At the initial stage they send their HR team to conduct a survey and decide the common pool
centre for campus recruitment.
After necessary study of the colleges, the companies ask for the resume of eligible students of final or
pre-final year of different branches as per their requirement. They finalize a suitable date for conducting the
campus selection at one of the consortium colleges after consultation with all stakeholders.
Normally the sequence of campus recruitment programme followed by most of the IT companies is as follows :
- Pre Placement Talk
- Written Test – Aptitude/Technical and HR
- Group Discussion
- Interview – Technical and HR
After the completion of the above, the companies declare the list of selected students and mention
the date of sending the offer letters. Offer letters to the students are received as per the commitment
from the companies and distributed to the students for their acceptance and return intimation to companies.
The average salary offered by Companies conducting placement drives for SJEC students is ~3.5 Lacs.
SJEC PLACEMENT POLICY 2016-17
ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION FOR PLACEMENT:
- 1.1 Campus Placement is meant for the final/pre-final year students in BE, M
Tech, MCA and MBA. All the students seeking placement should register for the campus placements
with the Placement Office. Only registered students are eligible to participate in the placement
- 1.2 Student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to
the following conditions:
- The Placement Office has confirmed his/her registration.
- He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified
- By the company and
- By the SJEC placement policy
- 1.3 All students who are interested in availing the college placement service
are required to submit a Declaration of Commitment (form-1) declaring their commitment to the placement
process at the time of registration for the placement.
- 1.4 All the students who are not interested in availing the college placement services
are required to give a Declaration of Non Interest (form-2), before start of the placement process. Students
are not allowed to withdraw their declaration, once submitted.
Click here to download Forms 1 and 2
- 1.5 All the students are expected to fulfill the attendance criteria of all the training programmes
conducted from first semester onwards. Those students who do not fulfill these criteria will not be allowed to avail special
privileges during placements, such as the privilege of availing a second offer either through the dream-job option or
core-company option, etc.
REGISTRATION FOR SPECIFIC DRIVES:
- 2.1 It is Mandatory for the students to register in Placement Office for the specific
company placement drive.
- 2.2 It is responsibility of the students to check announcements/notices/updated
information displayed in the notice board of Placement office/Department notice boards.
- 2.3Students are advised go through the company website and register only if interested.
- 2.4 Interested students should register on or before the date specified by the
placement office. Late registration will not be accepted.
PLACEMENT PROCESS & DISCIPLINE:
- 3.1Students are expected to be in time for the placement process as per the
- 3.2 Attendance in PPT (Pre Placement Talk) is mandatory after registration, to be
eligible for further placement process.
- 3.3 Students are allowed to quit if so desired only after the PPT, provided student
give sufficient reason as to how the information given during PPT made them change their mind.
- 3.4 Students proceeding after the PPT for the next step in the selection process of
a Company cannot quit in between. If a student quits in between then he/she will not be allowed to appear
in any other future placement event.
- 3.5 Late comers for Aptitude/GD/Interview may not be allowed to appear for the
- 3.6 Any kind of misbehaviour/complaints reported by the company officials will be
taken seriously & if proven the student will be debarred from future campus placements.
- 3.7 Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in placement activities.
This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their
attire/appearance is unsatisfactory.
- 3.8 Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a
- 3.9 The management decision would be final with regards to providing transport facility.
Students have to accept the decision of the head of the institution/Management.
- 4.1 Once a student is selected/ made an offer he/she is out of further campus
- 4.2 If a student has been recruited by a company, the concerned student will not be
allowed to appear for any other campus placements arranged by the college. However placed students may
be considered for another drive on a visit of big brands or a core stream company.
- 4.3 If a student receives more than one offer owing to delay in the announcements
of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared
- 4.4 If results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in
hand and inform placement office his/her choice, within 24 hours of announcements of results.
- 4.5 Offers received from the companies must be collected as per the timings in
circular/notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as
submission of documents lies entirely with the student.
- 4.6 In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same
must be intimated to the placement office within three days of receipt.
- 5.1 Offered students cannot reject the offer made by the company. In case, students
decide not to join the company due to valid reason, they should inform the company in writing. They
are also required to submit a copy of that letter to the placement office.
- 5.2 All students who have accepted offers are expected to join the organization that has
made the offer and send the proof of joining to the placement office. The caution
deposit held by the college will be released only after receipt of such confirmation of joining.
- 5.3 In case a student who has accepted an offer does not want to join the organization which has
made the offer, then that student must write to the placement office specifying a valid reason for not joining.
This will be reviewed and appropriate action taken of either releasing or with-holding the caution deposit,
depending on the validity of the reasons provided.
For all matters not covered by the above policy, the placement office will use its discretion to
take appropriate decisions.