First of all, we would like to thank you, for becoming a member of SJEC family and thereby involving
yourself in strengthening the Educational, Social Responsibilities (ESR) of this institution and helping us
to attain our goal.
You should remain ever grateful to your parents/guardians, who take care of your needs by providing food,
clothing and shelter predominantly and also lend financial support too for your education. To lessen their
financial burden, there are a good number of Government Departments and other private agencies too, providing
financial aid. Only thing to be done from your side is, you should be eligible as per the criteria prescribed
, furnish required documents, and apply within the stipulated period. Now we would like to draw your kind
attention on some of the main scholarships and financial aid:-
- Scholarship for the students securing more than 80% overall in 2nd PUC.
- Scholarship for the students belonging to minority community viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist,
Jains and Parsis.
- Scholarship for the Scheduled Tribe Students.
All the above listed scholarships should be applied online and the information is made available in
NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL and to be applied through the website,
- Postmatric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste students to be applied online through the website of Social Welfare Department, viz. sw.kar.nic.in.
- Fee Concession for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe Students to be applied offline to the Director Technical Education Department, Bengaluru.
- Scholarship for the Other Backward Class students (other than minorities) to be applied online through www.karepass.cgg.gov.in
- Prize Money for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe Students to be applied online through the website of Social Welfare Department, viz. sw.kar.nic.in.
- Single girl child scholarship to be applied online through the
www.aicte-india.org popularly known as “PRAGATHI” Scholarship.
- Scholarship for the wards of Defense Personnel to be applied offline to the Director Technical Education Department, Bengaluru.
- Scholarship for the wards of Ex-servicemen to be applied offline to the Sainik Welfare Department.
- Rani Chennamma Puraskar to be applied offline to the Director Technical Education
- Scholarship for the wards of Labourers to be applied offline to the Director Technical Education Department, Bengaluru.
- Scholarship for the minority girl students only, to be applied online through the Maulana Azad Education Foundation official website.
- Scholarship for Jammu and Kashmir students to be applied online through the www.aicte-india.org.
- Scholarship for handicapped students to be applied offline to the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- Indian Oil Corporation Scholarship for all.
- Mangaluru City Corporation 7.25% Fund Scheme for OBC and 22.75% Fund Scheme for SC&ST (For residents of Mangaluru only)
- Karnataka State Wakf foundation for Women Development Scholarship for Muslim lady students.
These are some of the main scholarships awarded by the various Government Departments but there is some eligibility criteria prescribed and there is ceiling for the income too.
Similarly, there are few other scholarships provided by some of the private trusts and bodies mainly:-
- Gowda Saraswath Brahmin Seva Trust Mumbai provides scholarship for students belonging to GSB Community.
- Karnataka Konkani Sahithya Academy provides scholarship for students whose mother tongue is Konkani.
- Sri. Kshethra Dharmasthala Grameena Abhivraddhi Yojana scholarship for all.
- Malpe Madhwaraj Memorial Trust Schoplarship for Other Backward Class students.
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship for all.
Thus, these are some of the main scholarships awarded by the various private bodies, but here also there are some eligibility criteria prescribed and ceiling for the income too.
There is some other financial aid provided in the form of loan, wherein the interest is charged at a nominal rate such as:-
- “ARIVU” Loan Scheme for the minority community students , sanctioned by the Karnataka Minorities Development Corporation Ltd. and the same loan given to the Other Backward Class students from D. Devaraj Urs Backward Class Development Corporation Ltd, at 2% rate of interest .
- The CODP provides secured loan to limited extent for the Christian minority community students for education purpose
- Lingayath trust provides educational loan for Lingayath community students at a reasonable rate of interest and also for the higher studies abroad.
These are all about the main scholarships and financial assistance available for the education purpose and for further details you can contact the College Admission Office.
PUBLISHED IN THE INTEREST OF STUDENTS, WHO ARE ELIGIBLE AND HARDWORKING.